Chicken, Cottage Cheese, Beetroot & Kale Salad
You’ll be the envy of all your colleagues with this delicious protein-packed salad.
- 100g chicken (cut into pieces)
- 30g Brancourts Cottage Cheese (Classic, Lactose free)
- 1/2 an orange, peeled then segmented
- Diced beetroot (about a dozen pieces)
- 1/4 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls kale
- 50g cranberries
- 10g pumpkin seeds
- 10g sunflower seeds
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- Salt & black pepper
Simply whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard together in a small bowl.
Add salt & pepper (to taste) then set aside.
Place the beetroot, chicken, onion and orange segments (sliced in half) into a bowl then toss gently to combine.
Chop the kale into generous bite size pieces before laying it on your serving plate.
Top it with your tossed salad before spooning on generous dollops of cottage cheese.
Then sprinkle on the cranberries and seeds.
Finish by drizzling on your mustard dressing.