Cottage Cheese and Raspberry Pudding
A delightfully light, fruity pudding the whole family can share. Be prepared for many compliments.
- 125g Brancourts Cottage Cheese (Classic, Lactose free)
- 1 x 500g pkt frozen fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar, extra
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 35g (1/4 cup) custard powder
- 1 x 100g pkt flaked almonds
Preheat oven to 180°C. Scatter the frozen berries over the base of a square 20cm, 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the caster sugar. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes so that the berries thaw slightly. (Remove a few spoonfuls and save them to scatter on the top of the cake once it’s baked.)
Meanwhile, use an electric beater to beat the eggs, lemon rind, vanilla and extra sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is thick and pale, and a ribbon trail forms when the beater is lifted.
Add the cottage cheese and use a large metal spoon to fold it into the mixture. When combined, sift the flour and custard powder over the top of this mixture and again fold it in until all is combined.
Pour the mixture over the berries and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Sprinkle with the almonds then pop it in your pre-heated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the sponge comes out clean.
Serve with the remaining raspberries and an extra dollop of cottage cheese.