Peach, Cherry, Chocolate and Cheese Dessert Cups
A cup of yummy delights. A bit like a trifle. But a whole lot more delicious and far healthier.
- 250g Brancourts Cottage Cheese (Classic
- 1 3/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 40g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sherry, liqueur or brandy (optional)
- 18cm sponge cake, cut into cubes
- 2 peaches, quartered, and sliced
- 60g dark chocolate, shaved
- Fresh cherries for decoration
Combine 1 cup water, cocoa powder, butter, and caster sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously for 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts and the mixture is smooth.
Combine the remaining water, cornflour, vanilla, and sherry. Stir into the mixture. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to the boil and thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of this now cooled chocolate custard into the base of 6 tall glasses. Top with Cottage Cheese, shaved dark chocolate, sponge and pears. Repeat this process until the glasses are filled.
Finish off with a dollop of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate plus a couple of fresh cherries and serve.