‘Better with Brancourts’ Mexican Power Bowl
Power through the day with a zesty latin spin on the healthy poke bowl – your body AND your taste buds will thank you!
- 11⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander (or 1 tbsp taco seasoning)
- 800g Kent pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 600g chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 red or white cabbage (about 300g), thinly shaved
- 250g Brancourts Protein + Cottage Cheese
- Coriander sprigs, to garnish
- Toasted pepitas, to garnish
Smoky Chilli Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 cup of lime juice, plus zest
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, fan-forced. Boil the brown rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 25 mins until tender. Drain. Cover with a tea towel for 10 mins.
2. Combine 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic and spices in a large bowl. Add the pumpkin and toss to coat. Arrange on a baking paper lined tray, season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 mins.
3. Add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade and set aside to marinate for 10 mins.
4. Remove chicken from marinade. Heat the remaining oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 2 mins each side until brown. Transfer to the tray with pumpkin and roast for 11-12 mins until chicken is cooked through and pumpkin is golden. Rest the chicken for 5 mins, then thinly slice.
Smoky chilli dressing:
1. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the chilli, paprika and garlic for 1-2 mins until fragrant. Remove from the heat. Add the lime zest and juice and stir to combine and season.
2. Divide the rice, chicken, pumpkin, avocado and cabbage among bowls. Dollop Brancourts cottage cheese on top and drizzle with the warm chilli dressing. Scatter with coriander and pepitas.