‘Better with Brancourts’ Veggie Soup with Cottage Cheese Whip
Brancourts transforms your favourite winter roast vegetables into a flavourful, creamy, belly-warming soup.
- 500g butternut pumpkin, diced 3cm chunks
- 500g full cauliflower, diced 3cm chunks
- 1 sweet potato, diced 3cm chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary (or your favourite herb)
- 1.25L chicken or vegetable stock
- 75g cold butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup pepitas and sunflower seed mix
- Toasted sourdough, to serve
Cottage cheese whip:
- 250g Brancourts Cottage Cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus zest
1. Heat oven to 200C, fan-forced. Bake the pumpkin, cauliflower and potato on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with half the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 mins until golden.
2. For the whip; combine Brancourts cottage cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, zest and 2 tbsp cold water in a small food processor (or with a whisk) and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast veggies for 20 min. Heat the remaining oil and cook the leek, garlic and rosemary in a saucepan, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 mins until soft. Add the stock and veggies. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover for 10 mins. Remove from heat and blend until smooth, season to taste.
4. Melt butter in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the pepitas and stir for 2-3 mins until brown. Combine with rosemary leaves and remove from the heat.
5. Serve soup with a swirl of the cottage cheese whip and drizzle with brown butter seeds.
TIP: Use up your veggies! Use substitutes such as potato, carrot, swede or parsnip, just aim for a total of 1.35kg raw vegetables.
MEAL PREP: this is a great one to make over the weekend. Store portions of soup in the freezer. Cottage cheese whip and brown butter seeds can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.