Honey & Harissa Roast Carrot & Cottage Cheese Frittata
- 7 small carrots, cut into quarters, lengthways
- 1 large brown onion, cut into thick wedges
- 5 cloves garlic, in skin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt, pepper
- 12 free-range eggs
- 250g Brancourts cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- Handful mint, basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chili oil, optional
- Large handful mint & basil leaves to serves
Preheat an oven to 220C
On a large baking tray, combine the carrots, onions, garlic, harissa, honey, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast this for 20-25 minutes until the carrots & onions have softened and caramelised.
In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, half the cottage cheese, chopped herbs, spinach, salt, pepper and whisk lightly.
Scatter half the carrots and onions over the base of a large baking dish and pour over the egg mix. Scatter in the remaining roast veggie and any oil form the tray then spoon around half the remaining cottage cheese.
Reduce the heat of the oven to 190C and bake this for 40-45 minutes, until the centre is set and cooked.
Serve warm or room temp with the spoon over remaining cottage cheese spooned over, drizzle with chili oil and scatter the herbs.