Mattar Paneer Curry with Cheese and Peas
A mild but very tasty veggie curry that takes just 15mins to make and is perfect for leftovers the next day.
- 250 gm Brancourts Cottage Cheese (Classic or Protein+)
- 60g ghee
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- Pinch ground chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 150g fresh peas or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Fresh coriander (leaves picked and stalks removed)
Heat ghee in pan over high heat and add in onion. Stir until golden. Reduce heat, add garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute, before stirring in all spices except garam masala.
Add tomatoes and 310ml (1 1/4 cups) water, and cook for 15 minutes or until tomatoes are pulpy. Stir in peas and cook, partially covered, for a further 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Finally dollop in teaspoons of Brancourts Cottage Cheese and sprinkle garam masala and finally fresh coriander leaves.