Mexican Corn & Cottage Cheese Fritters with Tomato, Avocado & Black Bean Salad
With plenty of bite and zing – there’s ‘nada’ not to love about this healthy Mexican-inspired salad.
- 3 cobs of corn, kernels cut off
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smokey paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 1 x 250g tub Brancourts Cottage Cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp of oil for cooking
- 200g grape tomatoes, quartered
- 200g tinned black beans, rinsed
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Extra lime wedges to serve
In a bowl, combine the fritter ingredients, using half the coriander and half the tub of cottage cheese and seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Add half the oil and spoon in approx. ¼ cup of fritter batter for each fritter, making sure they don’t touch, and cook for 2 minutes each side. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining batter until it is all used up.
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, black beans, avocado lime and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve 2-3 fritters on a plate with 2 tbsps of cottage cheese spooned over and some of the salad and serve with extra lime.