Penne with Zucchini, Chilli and Basil
Transport your taste buds to summer in Italy, with this flavourful pasta dish of seasonal veg.
Prep and cook: 25 minutes
- 400g penne pasta
- 1 tub (125g) Brancourts Cottage Cheese
- 75g parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 150g baby spinach and kale mix
- Chopped pistachios, to serve
- Basil, to serve
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil for the pasta.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until al dente. Reserve 1⁄2 cup (125ml) pasta water. Drain.
3. Combine Brancourts Cottage Cheese, parmesan, basil, lemon juice and zest in a bowl.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the garlic and chilli, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 mins until fragrant. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins. Add the spinach and kale mixture and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins until wilted.
5. Add the drained pasta, reserved pasta water and cottage cheese mixture to the pan. Cook, tossing, for 1-2 mins until glossy.
6. Divide the pasta among bowls and scatter with pistachios, extra basil and parmesan to serve.