Cottage Cheese, Smashed Avocado and Dill, with Smoked Salmon & Capers
It may seem a little fancy, but it’s certainly a wonderful way to start the day. Wait ‘til you taste it.
- 150g Brancourts cottage cheese (Classic, Lactose Free or Protein+)
- ½ large avocado, roughly mashed
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped dill
- Flaked salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 100g sliced smoked salmon
- 1 radish, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon drained baby capers
- 2 large slices of toasted sourdough or Turkish bread
In a bowl combine the cottage cheese, avocado, lemon rind and dill. Season with salt and pepper and stir to just combine (the mix should not be smooth but have some texture).
To serve divide the cottage cheese mix between the toasted bread keeping about 2 tablespoons for the top.
Layer with smoked salmon slices and radishes and finish with capers, remaining cottage cheese mix and season again with pepper.